The Similan Islands National park offers the best diving that Thailand has to offer. No other region offers such a number of excellent dive sites as can be found in this protected marine park. Conditions are generally perfect for all levels of divers to enjoy, and given the diversity and convenience of the area it is little wonder that the Similan Islands continue to be a popular choice for discerning divers of all abilities, many of whom return year after year.
Beginner to Advanced Diver
5 Days / 4 Nights
From $1,200 per diver
November to April
Details & Itinerary
Similan & Surin islands offer great biodiversity of marine life, with hard & soft coral gardens amongst huge underwater boulders creating dramatic landscapes, overhangs and swim-throughs. This destination is great for all levels of divers with something for everyone; macro, reef & schooling fish, turtles, octopus, cuttlefish, & more. With cleaning stations that can deliver the large pelagic, manta rays & even whale sharks, plus the world-famous Richelieu Rock, even the most experienced of divers will find themselves satisfied on these Similan adventures.
- Day 1: Scheduled pickup times (between 4-7pm*), transfer to Thap Lamu pier, Phang Nga (near Khao Lak). Warm Welcome and Dinner served. Sail overnight to Similan Islands (sailing time between 4-5 hours)
- Day 2. (4 dives): Anita’s Reef, Boulder City, Shark Fin Reef, Elephant Head Rock, West of Eden, North Point then night dive around Similan Islands or Koh Bon.
- Day 3. (4 dives); Diving around cleaning stations of Koh Bon & Koh Tachai
- Day 4. (4 dives); Diving around at Surin Islands and Richelieu Rock
- Day 5. (2 dives); Boonsung wreck or MV Sea Chart wreck and Premchai wreck. Sail back to Thap Lamu pier, Phang Nga by 2pm. Transfer back to hotel by 4pm/ Airport by 3pm.
- Diving days: 4 days (14 dives)
Best Time to Dive Similans
Best Dive Season October to May
Water Temperature: 28-30C
Heavy rainfall during the eastern monsoons and wet monsoon from May to August.
Dive Site Information
- Water Temp; 27-30 degrees Celsius
- Air Temp; 28-35 degrees Celsius
- Visibility; 10-40+ meters,
- Current; mild to strong
- Level; ALL levels for divers & non-divers.
- Best Time to Dive; November to mid-April