Best of the Maldives
The best of the Maldives itinerary where you dive the best and most famous dive sites of the Maldives in a week on a liveaboard across Male and Ari atolls. Liveaboard diving is the best way to reach the best dive sites and explore the stunning islands. Most of the liveaboards offer itineraries that ensure the best out of the popular atolls.
Airport: Male Ibrahim Nasir International Airport (MLE)
Trip Duration: 7 Days Trip
Intermediate to Advanced Diver
Due to its unique geography, a moderate to strong current may prevail in most of the dive sites. Therefore, diving in Maldives is not really ideal for beginner divers.
What to see
The Maldives has one of the world’s richest marine environments. Expect to see rays, jacks, batfish, baracuda, morays and clouds of banner fish, white tip shark, black tip shark, sting ray, eagle ray, turtles, moray eels and schooling fishes in big proportions.
- Day 1: Arrival Day, Check dive: 1 : Kurumba House Reef, North Male’ (Check Dive)
- Day 2 : Vaadhoo Caves, Kadooma Thila, South Male, Alimathaa House Reef (Night Dive), Felidhu
- Day 3 : Miyaru Kandu, Dhevana Kandu, Felidhu, Kudhima Wreck, South Ari
- Day 4: Rangali Madivaru, Maamigili Beyru, Dhigurah Beyru, South Ari
- Day 5: Kuda Rah Thila, Rangeli, Dhiga Thila, South Ari, Anchorage: Raidhigga (Beach BQQ)
- Day 6: Panettone, Moofushi Corner, Hafsa Thila, North Ari
- Day 7: Rasdhoo Madivaru, North Ari, Anchorage: Hulhumale´ Lagoon
- Day 8: Departure
Dive Site Information
- Best time to visit: November till May.
- Water Temp: 26-31°C,
- Air Temp: 25-30°C
- Visibility: 10-40 meters
- Current: medium to strong
- Male Ibrahim Nasir International Airport
Health & Insurance
- Dive Insurance compulsory for this trip. We also strongly advise you get adequate travel insurance. Please check your travel insurance policy for your diving needs. If not covered then we recommend DiveAssure for single trip policy cover.
- Dive Computer compulsoryon this trip.
- Follow Safe Diving Practices at ALL times plus No Deco Diving and No Solo Diving.
Do not miss the night dive at Maldives’ most famous dive sites, Alimatha House Reef where divers can swim with up to 100 nurse sharks.
From November, currents flow in from the northeast, bringing in superb visibility and increased action from sharks and other pelagics in the channels and thilas. These currents may become stronger in January till February when they start to calm down and easy diving and slacker currents.